This Higher National Diploma (HND) in Computing offered by DeMont Institute of Management and Technology in collaboration with Pearson, is an L4 and L5 qualification that makes up to 240 credits and is taught across a period of 2 years.
The programme practices instillation of cognitive skills and applied skills with the aim of creating a talent pool that is ready to further advance their educational journey into specialities within the field of Computing. The qualifications acquired in this programme seek to improve the individual’s career opportunities and increase access to higher education.
- Provides a strong academic foundation in the field of computing
- Serves as a doorway into future higher education opportunities
- BTEC Pearson Certification offers UK quality of education
- Students who attain this certification can directly enrol in to the third year of a bachelor’s programme in line with the field of study, giving them an upper hand over fellow competitor
+971 4 580 4285
Top Skills you will Learn
The HND in Computing offers an in-depth and detailed insight into various aspects of the computing world, including but not limited to – networking, database, cyber security, and programming. It aims to cover vast topics within the Information and Technology (IT) sector that would strengthen the core knowledge of students who are starting out in their higher education journey and look forward to a promising career.
- Information Technology (IT)
- Business Analyst
- Web Developer
- Systems Engineer
- Networking Officer
- Cyber Security Associate
Who Is This Programme for?
The Programme is designed for students pursuing higher education and careers in the field of computing. The completion of HND in computing can lead to a third-year bachelor’s degree.
Students pursuing HND in Computing must have graduated from high school.
Higher National Diploma in Computing
Awarding Body : Pearson
Pearson Education is a British-owned educational publishing and appraisal service for educational institutions and corporations, as for students directly. It integrates world-class educational content and evaluation, driven by services and technology, to allow more efficient teaching and customized learning. Their mission is to have a direct partnership with millions of lifelong learners and to link education to the way people aspire to live and work each day. They assume that wherever learning flourishes, people do as well.
|Database Design and Development||15|
|Planning computing projects||15|
|Software Development Cycle||15|
|Website Design and Development||15|
|Internet of Things||15|
|Computing Research Project||30|
|Business Process Support||15|
|E-Commerce & Strategy||15|
- Establish a foundation in the study of computing.
- Understand insights into international computing operations, opportunities, and challenges presented by a globalized market.
- Explore multiple verticals of the computing industry
- Develop knowledge on vast topics such as Forensic, E-Commerce, Cyber Security and Cryptography.
- Grasp the ability to perform at various roles in the computing industry.