Diploma in Education and Training
The programme aims to provide comprehensive training for teachers in the lifelong learning sector. It is designed to prepare trainee teachers and trainers to teach in a wide range of contexts, including individuals who are new to teaching and training, are currently teaching or assessing and can meet the course requirements, including teaching practice which requires observation and assessment of performance.
The programme is taught through various teaching methods, including lectures, small group seminars and group work with peers. All programme elements have specific learning outcomes with content designed to help students achieve these outcomes. The programme is assessed through individual unit assessments (which may include essays, other written coursework, group work, presentations and or other methods).
- Aims to provide comprehensive training for teachers in the lifelong learning sector.
- Prepares trainee teachers and trainers to teach in a wide range of contexts.
- Learning outcomes include knowledge and skills related to teaching, learning, and assessment, wider professional practice, resource management, equality and diversity, and inclusive practice.
- Taught through lectures, small groups seminars, and group work with peers.
- Assessed through individual unit assessments (essays, coursework, presentations)
+971 4 580 4285
Who is this programme for?
The Pearson BTEC Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training (TQT) is intended for individuals who are new to teaching and training are currently teaching or assessing, or who want to meet the requirements of the course, including teaching practice which requires observation and assessment of performance in the lifelong learning sector. This program aims to prepare trainee teachers and trainers to teach in a wide range of contexts.
Learners may also progress into employment as a tutor within:
- Learners must be at least 19 years old and a copy of high school certificate will be needed.
- Learners must have appropriate skills and knowledge in English, Mathematics and ICT
- Knowledge, understanding and skills related to teaching, learning and assessment in education and training.
- Understanding of the principles and practices underlying practical skills in education and training.
- Examination of theories, principles and models of learning and teaching used to support education and training.
- Understanding of professionalism and dual professionalism in education and training and how to promote wider professional practice.
Top Skills You Will Learn
- The ability to analyse, synthesise and summarise information critically.
- The ability to read and use appropriate literature with a full and critical understanding.
- The ability to think independently and solve problems.
- The ability to apply subject knowledge and understanding to address familiar and unfamiliar problems in a workplace context.
Diploma in Education and Training
Awarding Body: Pearson
Qualification Title: Pearson BTEC Diploma in Education and Training
Pearson is the world’s leading learning company, with 35,000 employees in more than 70 countries working to help people of all ages to make measurable progress in their lives through learning. Pearson puts the learner at the centre of everything we do, because wherever learning flourishes, so do people.
|UNIT||UNIT TITLE||CREDIT VALUE|
|H/505/0912||Teaching, learning and assessment in education and training||20 Credits|
|R/505/0923||Developing teaching, learning and assessment in education and training||20 Credits|
|A/505/0818||Theories, principles and models in education and training||20 Credits|
|J/505/0837||Wider professional practice and development in education and training||15 Credits|
|H/505/1090||Developing, using and organising resources in a specialist area||15 Credits|
|Y/503/5310||Effective partnership working in the learning and teaching context||15 Credits|
|L/503/5384||Inclusive practice||15 Credits|