Dubai, located in the Arabian Gulf, is notable for its luxurious retail, magnificent construction, and vibrant nightlife. With year-round weather and a cosmopolitan ambience, it has become a favourite tourist destination for visitors from all over the world. It is one of the best-connected cities in the world, with a diversified population. Now, who does not dream to relocate to a sunny, tax haven place like that? Its booming economy, diverse culture and high standards of living have made Dubai an attractive destination for individuals seeking career advancement and luxurious lifestyles. With no income tax and a growing number of job opportunities, it is no wonder that Dubai is becoming a top choice for ex-pats around the world.
The emirate’s population surpassed 3.5 million in 2022 but, with a major expansion of the city planned, the government’s goal is a target of 5.8 million people by 2040. To achieve this goal, the government has launched several initiatives to attract foreign investment and skilled professionals to the emirate. As a result of these initiatives, and the increased awareness of the need of developing skills for the future, Dubai is witnessing a significant change in demand for higher education. Dubai, as an educational hub, provides top-of-the-line facilities for both local and foreign students and flourishes in a multicultural setting for global students. In Dubai, there is a strong commitment to education, as well as a great desire among students to study. Some of the more popular courses offered by universities here are in the fields of Business, Mass Media, Economics, Science, Technology, Engineering, and Architecture.
One of the top reasons individuals and families moving to Dubai over other locations is the education options, a few listed below,
1. Choosing an apt curriculum: There is a selection of excellent private international schools that offer American and British curriculums.
2. Geographical positioning: Due to its position, from Dubai you can reach anywhere in Europe, Asia or Africa within 8 hours or less meaning for Europeans moving to Dubai, getting home isn’t too long a journey.
3. Predictions: The country sees education as a core aspect of economic modernization, noting that the greatest benefit that wealth, can indeed be created by investing in the creation of generations of skilled and qualified citizens.
4. Globally recognized institutions and universities.: International universities from several countries have campuses in the UAE which offer options for students to start studying in UAE with an option to join the main campus in their home country. Dubai Knowledge Park and International Academic City are home to international campuses such as New York Institute of Technology, Rochester Institute of Technology, Canadian University Dubai, Heriot-Watt University, Middlesex University, Swiss École Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne, Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Institute of Management Technology, and several other providers.
5. Affordability and Accessibility: The UAE provides internationally acclaimed education at affordable fees. Many leading Western universities in the UAE offer the same degrees as their home campuses, only with lower tuition rates and living expenses. International students will get quality education from globally ranked foreign universities with affordable expenses in the UAE. As an international student, one of the deciding factors in choosing a study abroad destination is the cost of living. This would include tuition fees among several other expenses on things such as food, accommodation, utilities, transportation, recreation, health and more. Having a somewhat clear idea of what you would be spending every day in the UAE is the ideal way to understand what studying in the UAE would look like. UAE has less living costs for international students compared to the USA, UK, Canada, and Germany.
|How Much Does It Cost to Study in Germany?||How much Does it cost to study in the UAE?|
|Tuition Fees 25000 EUR to 40000 EUR |
AED Conversion: 101500.07 AED – 162400.11 AED
|Tuition Fees 55000 AED to 75000 |
AED EUR Conversion: 13546.79 EUR – 18472.89 EUR
|Living Expenses 11000 EUR to 12000 EUR |
AED Conversion: 44660.03 AED – 48720.03 AED
|Living Expenses 50000 AED to 60000 |
AED EUR Conversion: 12315.26 EUR to 14778.32 EUR
|Total: 146,100 AED to 211,120 AED (Average)|
35985.20 EUR to 51999.97 EUR ( Average)
|Total: 104995.73 AED to 135401.09 AED ( Average) 25861 EUR to 33350 EUR (Average)|
6. Community of Learners and Leaders: In just over 49 years the UAE has seen immaculate growth and success in terms of growth in higher education. Degree-seekers from abroad account for 49% of total students at the higher education level. As per UNESCO, Indians make up 17% of all international students followed by Syria, Jordan, Egypt, Oman, and Pakistan.
7. Student-centric government policies: The government of UAE offers generous student visa policies and foreign students have been allowed to work part-time for designated employers. In 2018, the government extended residency visas for foreign university graduates to five-year while exceptionally talented students may be eligible for a 10-year residency also known as a Golden visa. Universities and government institutions also offer a variety of scholarships for international students.
8. Career possibilities: As UAE is a host of thousands of international companies and corporates, it is also a better destination where a dream career can be developed, especially in the fields of science, technology, business and beyond.
Dubai has become a popular destination for people seeking better career opportunities, luxurious lifestyles, and affordable education. The UAE’s government has implemented various initiatives to attract foreign investment, and as a result, Dubai has witnessed a significant change in the demand for higher education. With globally recognized institutes and quality education, students can be sure of receiving the best education possible. If you’re considering studying in Dubai, DeMont is the preferred choice of education. With KHDA approved programs, affordable prices, and a location in the academic city, you cannot go wrong. Dubai truly has something for everyone, and it’s no surprise that more and more people are choosing to relocate to this vibrant city.