ROLES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and design curriculum plans to foster student learning, stimulate class discussions, and ensure student engagement.
- To provide high-quality teaching and learning across a range of programmes within a Hybrid Education setting, particularly in Business and also applied Business subjects within a range of degrees within the Faculty.
- Encourage the development of diverse and effective approaches to course delivery and ensure that teaching delivery achieves the educational standards of the department.
- Provide tutoring and academic counselling to students, maintain class records and evaluate student coursework and progress.
- To contribute to the development and continual improvement of courses, coordinating effectively with both staff and students.
- To participate in Programme/School/College activities as requested, including Open Days.
- Teach at undergraduate and graduate levels and initiate research and case studies in the field of interest and may publish findings in trade journals or textbooks.
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
- In-depth knowledge of, and national or international recognition in, specialist subject and professional area.
- An in-depth understanding of pedagogy/research/enterprise and scholarly activity.
- Ability to oversee the design and development of the overall curricula.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of learning and teaching methodologies, assessment methods, course delivery and effect improvement where appropriate.
- Ability to lead the development of teams to ensure collegiate and productive inter- disciplinary working relationships.
- Ability to exercise academic leadership for all subject area teaching and scholarly activity and ensure that research informs teaching on reliant programmes.
- Ability to act as an ambassador with promoting and marketing the subject area, school and institution.