Job duties and responsibilities:
- To teach and examine courses at all levels – undergraduate, master and higher research degrees – through lectures, seminars, tutorials, course work and personal supervision.
- To provide high-quality teaching and learning across a range of programs within a Hybrid Education setting, particularly in Computing and also applied computer and engineering subjects within a range of degrees within the faculty.
- Evaluating, grading projects/examinations and tracking student progress
- Develop, maintain, and organize all instructional materials.
- To ensure a high-quality learning experience for students which meets internal and external quality standards.
- To use a variety of delivery methods which will stimulate learning appropriate to student needs and demands of the syllabus.
- To ensure that the curriculum area provides a range of teaching which complements the universities’ strategic objectives.
- To assist in the process of curriculum development and change to ensure continued relevance to the needs of students, examining awarding bodies and our Aims and Strategic Objectives.
- Respond to student inquiries and provide meaningful advice.
- To continue personal development including subject knowledge and teaching method.
- To contribute to the Curriculum Area/Department’s development plan and implementation.
- To contribute to the development of specialist teaching and learning provision, including short courses, in computer science and associated disciplines.
- To participate in Program/School/College activities as requested, including Open Days.
Required skills, abilities and knowledge:
- Profound understanding of computer science concepts, algorithms, programming languages, and software development methodologies.
- Expertise in multiple programming languages relevant to computer science domains, enabling effective instruction and guidance to students.
- Familiarity with AI and machine learning concepts, enabling the teaching and mentoring of students in these evolving fields.
- Willingness to stay updated with technological advancements, industry trends, and educational best practices.
- Commitment to continuous learning and professional development to enhance teaching and research capabilities.
Education and Experience:
- A doctoral-level qualification in an area of academic relevance to the work of the Department. (OR)
- Master’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or related discipline.
- Relevant professional experience.
- Knowledge and experience of current teaching and learning strategies.
United Arab Emirates (UAE)